»

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte

Pagudpud is located in northwest tip of Ilocos Norte. It has a talc powder white sand beach and pristine clear waters. It is often called the "Boracay of the North." Perfect place to unwind and relax.



I never had the chance of staying long in this side trip. I was on a field work at Ilocos, Norte and decided to take this chance of seeing their pride. From Laoag city, where I used to stay, I traveled for about 2 hrs before reaching this town. I enjoyed  the roadtrip mainly because of the scenery.   But due to my limited time I have and got few hours before my flight back in Manila I never hesitated to drop by on their famous destinations.


Bangui WindMills
It is located in Bangui, Ilocos Norte. This 15 windmill is visible from the 
road on your way to Pagudpud.


Cape Bojeador Lighthouse
Built in 1892 in service to those ships who pass by the Northern 
part of the South China sea. It is still functioning to date. 



Saud Beach
This beach lies on a stretch white sand  framing the heart shaped 
calm emerald waters of Saud Bay.

As  I left Ilocos Norte, I promised to get back and explore
 more of Ilocos region. Its history, infrastructure, environment and 
tourist destination makes me more
fascinated on its natural beauty. " I shall return... Ilocos"





“It’s hard for me to put into words why I like the beach so much. Everything about it is renewing for me, almost like therapy...Beach Therapy”
--Amy Dykens



0 comments:

Post a Comment